Welcome to The Village's Special Events page, where we are excited to announce that Catholic Engaged Encounter is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers for our upcoming Vacation Bible School (VBS) program. If you are passionate about making a positive impact in your community and love working with children, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
About Vacation Bible School (VBS)
Vacation Bible School (VBS) is an annual summer program that aims to provide children with a fun and educational experience centered around faith and learning. At The Village, we believe in creating a nurturing environment where children can grow spiritually and socially through interactive lessons, games, crafts, and music.
Why Volunteer for VBS?
Volunteering for VBS is a rewarding experience that allows you to make a difference in the lives of young individuals who are eager to explore their faith and make lasting friendships. By dedicating your time and talents, you have the opportunity to create a positive impact within your community, leaving a lasting impression on the hearts and minds of these children.
Benefits of Volunteering
As a VBS volunteer, you not only contribute to the development of children's faith but also gain personal and professional benefits. Volunteering can enhance your leadership skills, boost self-confidence, and provide you with a network of like-minded individuals. It is a fantastic opportunity to give back, engage with a diverse community, and develop meaningful relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a VBS volunteer, there are various roles and responsibilities that you can take on, depending on your interests and skills. Some of the key roles include:
- Group Leader: Lead a group of children throughout the VBS program, guiding them through various activities and lessons.
- Activity Supervisor: Oversee specific activities such as arts and crafts, games, or music, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Registration Assistant: Assist with the registration process, helping parents complete necessary paperwork and answering any questions they may have.
- Logistics Coordinator: Support the organization and coordination of materials, supplies, and resources needed for a successful VBS program.
- Snack Helper: Assist with snack preparation and distribution, ensuring that children are nourished during their VBS experience.
Requirements to Volunteer
To become a VBS volunteer at The Village, we kindly ask that you meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years old
- Passion for working with children
- Commitment to upholding Catholic beliefs and teachings
- Willingness to undergo a background check
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in becoming a VBS volunteer at The Village, we encourage you to follow the steps below:
- Visit our website eeweekend.org/visit/special-events/vbs-volunteers-needed to access the volunteer application form.
- Complete the application form, providing accurate and detailed information.
- Submit the form online, and our team will review your application.
- If selected, we will contact you to schedule an interview or provide further instructions.
- Once accepted, you will receive additional information about volunteer training and orientation.
Becoming a VBS volunteer at The Village is an incredible opportunity to make a positive impact on children's lives and contribute to their faith journey. We value and appreciate your dedication to serving the community. Join us in this rewarding experience and be a part of something truly special!